Monday, August 27, 2012

Speech Defects

As of now we have a project to remember for public speaking. Not only do we have to balance college with , math, civics, and blogs, but now to add to that is a famous speech to memorize. Each student is suppose to choose a separate speaker from everyone else and memorize the speech that person gave to say on Thursday. I admit for myself that I am bad public speaker and have many flaws that follow.

Every time I am put on the spot, I get this annoying shake that sometimes distracts my own self. Not only that but I often get this minor stutter when I get confused with what I'm saying. So far I've covered the shaking, stutter, and I forgot to mention a strong memory lapse when I feel uncomfortable.
http://publicspeakingactivities.com/wp-content/uploads/public-speaking.jpg
These are a few things that irritate speakers or professional people that are use to intelligent and sophisticated speeches. But among everybody, I'm not the only person who faces speech defects. I could name out people in my class who do the same but I find it easier to just say everyone. Everyone has their own problems to improve on and work with. I for instance am going to take my own advice there.

Each student had to write down five things a speaker should never do during a speech for an earlier assignment. A common thing everyone wrote down would be chewing gum, no eye contact, and inappropriate language depending on the topic.

1 comment:

  1. There is actually an event you can compete in at debate tournaments wherein you deliver someone else's famous speech. If you feel like you get control of your stutter and shaking, maybe, if we end up with a debate team, you could take it a step further!

    ReplyDelete